Attention: All guests must comply with the New Jersey rules and regulations set in place due to Covid-19. Together with the Grand Marquis, we have created an event that will observe social distancing guidelines where masks are required indoors at all times. Additionally, lunch and dinner will be served outdoors, in compliance with Covid-19 regulations. We also ask that if you are ill or have been ill in the past 14 days, that you do not attend the event. Additionally, all guests invited who live in states with high infection rates of Covid-19 and placed on the New Jersey Travel Advisory List are asked to stay home and attend via zoom. The following link provides the New Jersey Travel Advisory List: https://covid19.nj.gov/faqs/nj-information/travel-information/which-states-are-on-the-travel-advisory-list-are-there-travel-restrictions-to-or-from-new-jersey . The zoom link will be sent to all who RSVP accordingly. In order to adequately prepare, you must pre-register to attend. Please call and RSVP with President Mataragas or a member of this board. You may also RSVP to this email. We thank you for your cooperation in advance
SATURDAY, JULY 18th, 2020
12:00 PM to 7:30 PM
1550 U.S. 9, Old Bridge Township
Final Details for the HANC Conference
12:00 PM: Registration – Coffee & Lunch (food will be served outside)
1:00 PM: HANC Conference called to order
-Welcoming Remarks by President Bill Mataragas
-Greetings from U.S. Representatives and leaders of various Greek-American Organizations
-Greetings by the Secretary General of the Greeks Abroad Ioannis Chrysoulakis
–Academy of Hellenism – Return to Our Roots Educational and Philoxenia Program – By Dimitrios Moutousis, President of AHEPA HJ25 Saint Andrews Chapter
-The right to VOTE for those registered in Greece
-Having and managing property in Greece and your obligations – By Christos Iliopoulos, Esq., Athens, Greece
2:30 PM: President’s Report by Bill Mataragas, President of HANC
3:00 PM: Report from HANC Committees, Chairmen
- National Issues: Mike Alexandrou, President, Florida Federation & Theodoros Pavlakos, President of the Pan Laconian Federation
- Report of the Treasurer
3 Paideia: Elias Tomazos, President Paideia Organization or Steve Pelardis, VP PanRodian
- Fundraising for operating expenses of HANC
- Credentials Committee
- Youth/Neolaia: Pavlos Pavlakos, Supreme President Sons of Pericles
- Discussion on future elections for a new Executive Board
Presentation of New Members for approval:
- The United Hellenic Voters Association.
-Kiki Whitehead, Chairwoman & Mariann Callas, Esq.
- Northern Epirotan Federation NEFA
-Katerina Tsiouris & Angelo Bolanos
3:30 PM: Keynote Address by Congressman Gus Bilirakis (R-FL) via Zoom:
Recent developments on the continued Turkish aggression on the Aegean
-Greetings and Comments by Senator Lou Raptakis (D-RI)
-Greetings Comments by Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis (R-NY) and Candidate for U.S. Congress
-Mike Tannousis (R-NY), Candidate for NY Assembly
-Edward Giannaros (D-CT), 2nd District Town Council for Farmington, CT
-Supreme President Sons of Pericles Paul Pavlakos
We are calling on all members to join the following new committees:
Celebration of the 200 years of the Greek Independence in coordination with all other organizations. The role of PhilHellenes in the Greek Revolution:
- Ilias Katsos, President, EMBCA
- Bill Mataragas, President, HANC
- Theodoros Pavlakos, President, Pan Laconian Federation
- Dr. Panos Stavrianidis, Past President, Pan Pontian Federation
- Cleanthes Meimaroglou, President, Federation Hellenic American Societies NY / Dimitris Paliouras/ Dimitrios Kalamaras, Esq.
- Demosthenis Triantafyllou, Director of the Office of Education Metropolis of New Jersey: “ The American Involvement in the Greek Revolution of 1821”
After the HANC Conference, in a different room (TBD) the following will be discussed.
4:30 PM: The formation of a permanent committee to assist young Greek-Americans and PhilHellenes in the political arena
Special address by:
- Dimitrios Giannaros, former Assemblyman in CT & PAEDE, President
- Philip Christopher, President of PSEKA
- Paul Kotrotsios
- Kostas Vangelatos, Cephalonian Federation
- Dimitra Vlachou, Pan Cretan Federation
- Christopher Morgan-Mavris, AHEPA
- Zenon Christodoulou, Hellenic Commission NJ
Please join us by getting involved in any of the previously listed committees listed above.
5:00 PM – 7:30 PM: Reception & Dinner at the Grand Marquis in honor of our special guests and our elected U.S. Officials. (Food will be served outside)
Sponsored by HANC’s President Bill Mataragas
*Special notes to all presenters: Presentations may not exceed 10 minutes.
-All participants are required to wear a MASK. Jacket and tie preferred
This invitation is non transferable.
Please check in at the front door with your ID.
Thank you and see you soon.