With the participation of 18 Member Associations, 42 Representatives, 8 former presidents and 5 observers, the 23rd Conference of the Hellenic American National Council took place in Wyndham Hotel in Mount Laurel, NJ, on Saturday May 1st 2010 with the collaboration of the local Federation of New Jersey and its President, Mr. Tassos Eustratiadis, Esq.
The President of the Hellenic American National Council, Manolis Velivasakis, opened the conference with his report and called Mr. Spyropoulos, SAE Coordinator and former president, as well as Dr. Nathenas, former president, for brief greetings. Greetings were also addressed by all the Presidents-Members of HANC, as well as their representatives.
The elections resulted in a new board of officers for HANC:
- Paul Kotrotsios, President
- Dimitris Rozanitis: 1st Vice President
- Chris Christakis, 2nd Vice President
- Costas Koutrakos, 3rd Vice President
- Andrianna Filioti, General Secretary
- Stella Kokoli, Assistant Secretary
- Vassilis Matarangas, Treasurer
- Costas Hadjistefanidis, Assistant Treasurer
The newly elected President, Paul Kotrotsios, stated immediately after his election that “Our immediate priority is to expand our organization with the addition of new members, our reorganization, equipping various Committees with clear goals and informing the members and Bodies, as well as the public on the problems and common issues of Hellenism.”